Esther has always had an innate curiosity with the function and dysfunction of the human body and how to promote optimal health and healing from disease. Initially, she explored the medical route and studied BSc. (Hons) in Medical Sciences, working in the pharmaceutical industry for three years. However, after visiting an Osteopath for low back pain in 2003, her philosophy on the management of musculoskeletal conditions, took a much more naturopathic approach.
Esther graduated from the British School of Osteopathy in London with a distinction, in 2008. She has since undertaken further training in Dry needling, Cranial Osteopathy, Advanced Osteopathic techniques and broadened her scope into Health and Social Care Management and Nutrition. After more than 10 years of working as an Associate in various private and Osteopathic Practices and in Community Mental Health Centres, Esther founded her own specialist practice called Better Health Osteopathy in London; working both privately and within adult social care, where the focus is to manage long-term complex health conditions and the biopsychosocial factors influencing chronic pain. Esther, gives her patients the time to explore their mental well-being and other social factors influencing their health, especially from those referred by the social care teams. She has incorporated solution-focused therapy into the management of chronic pain, exploring the psycho-social factors that may be limiting recovery yet enabling patients to find their own solutions and coping mechanisms.
Her vision is to champion the Osteopathic profession as primary contact health practitioners, to maximise an individual’s overall health and well-being, through NHS and Social Care Partnership. Esther opened a community based Supported Living Service in October 2019, as the first step in developing and implementing this concept.
Currently, Esther is completing postgraduate studies in Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, at the University of East London, under the tutelage of Dr Peter Resteghini, Consultant Physiotherapist & Musculoskeletal Sonographer. She will soon be incorporating this diagnostic modality as an essential adjunct to clinical examination, diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal pathology.
Since moving to Ireland in January 2020, Esther has valued the healthier change the pace from London and being able to spend quality time with her family and schnauzer! In 2021, to raise money for Children’s Health Foundation Crumlin, Esther and her husband took up tandem cycling and cycled 100K in 3 days.
- British School of Osteopathy – BOst. Osteopathy (Distinction)
- University of Leeds – BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
- Certificate in Western Acupuncture/Dry Needling
- Life Resuscitation, Communications Skills Training, Medical Sales Training,
- The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) (Distinction)
Esther is currently studying a PGCert. Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound at UEL to further add to her skills set and vision of putting Osteopathy at the forefront of treatment and social prescribing as first line healthcare professionals; that will be more easily accessible to all in the community.
- Clinic Tutor at the British College of Osteopathic Medicine, Sept 2021
- Clinical Director of Physical and Mental Health Supported Living Rehab Centre, 2019 – present
- Mental Health Support worker – 2018-1019
- Care Director – 2006 – 2018
- Registered Osteopath – 2008 – present
- Associate Osteopath, Woodbury Clinic – 2010 – 2017
- Associate Osteopath, Daryl Herbert & Associates – 2008 – 2010
- Associate Osteopath, Burnham Osteopathic clinic – 2009 – 2010
Esther is registered with both the General Osteopathic Council in the UK and the Osteopathic Council of Ireland.